There is certain combinations of foods that work exquisitely together. Avocado, lime, and cilantro is one of those combinations. Now if you grab these ingredients and add some quinoa and vegetables and somehow a delicious avocado quinoa bowl has appeared.
This avocado quinoa bowl only came into existence due to sheer laziness. It was one of those days I needed to make some lunch but I just couldn’t bothered to go out of the house and get groceries so there is only one thing I could so. I opened my fridge and I started chucking random things in the direction of my stove and pray to every deity out there to make this dish edible.
Surprise surprise, if you throw avocado, lime and cilantro together, it’s very hard to fuck up a dish. After that I threw in every ingredient I could find in my freezer and pantry that might work with this and somehow this turned into a delicious Mexican-ish dish that worked perfectly as a lunch to take to work. So the moral of this story, make less effort sometimes and good things could happen.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 1 400g/140z can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 avocado, cubed
- Cook the quinoa according to the package instructions.
- Meanwhile in a large frying pan, heat the corn and black beans until warm. Set aside till later.
- When the quinoa is done, quickly reheat the corn and beans.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the quinoa, cilantro. cherry tomatoes, black beans, corn and lime.
- Divide the quinoa mixture over individual bowls and top with the avocado cubes.