A sweet and delicious breakfast. This quinoa breakfast uses the best of summer produce for a quick and filling breakfast that is done in no time at all.
I eat a lot of quinoa. I eat so much quinoa that I will usually cook a bunch of quinoa on Sunday night so I can use it throughout the week for various meals. Quinoa is great for this purpose, it stores extremely well and doesn’t suffer the same downsides that rice has, no big risk of food poisoning here.
The one thing I have always wanted to use quinoa for is breakfast. Since I am far from a morning person I like lazy breakfasts I can largely prepare the night before I need them. Hence why I have been attempting to focus on quinoa breakfast. I have tried some good meals before like my breakfast quinoa toast. However, I pledged that I could make an even lazier quinoa breakfast.
This berry quinoa breakfast is exactly that. If you prep some quinoa in advance, there is no cooking required. All you need to do is wash some berries and toss them on top of some quinoa. It’s that easy. It takes all of 1 minute to make this breakfast and on top of that is is healthy nutritious and full of everything you need. If you want to have a delicious quick and easy breakfast this berry quinoa breakfast is your friend!
For more breakfast recipes make sure to check out my breakfast recipe board on Pinterest.
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 large or 2 small limes, juiced
- 1 punnet raspberries or blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries, stems removed and cut in half
- Cook the quinoa according to the package instructions.
- Wash and cut the berries and juice the lime(s).
- Let the quinoa cool for about 20 minutes and then mix throught the lime juice.
- Put the quinoa in a small bowl and mix with half the berries. Top the bowl with the other half of the berries.