A healthy but delicious salad bowl, this salad bowl used hummus instead of dressing to spruce it up. This salad will get you through the day without ever feeling hungry.
There is one consequence I have from running this blog that I did not expect. I never thought that people have such strong opinions on salad. I personally adore salad, it’s quick, it’s easy and you can chuck in whatever you feel like.
Unfortunately, not everyone shares my love of salad and I have been told so on a few occasions. Hence some delicious, sweet but healthy recipes like this raspberry sorbet. Over the next few weeks I will be sharing some more sweet recipes to keep everyone happy.
For now, let’s focus on this salad bowl though. As I already mentioned I LOVE salad. Since I don’t own a microwave and I also don’t have a microwave available at work I eat a lot of salads. Salads are just convenient. They don’t have to be heated up and there is no need to make any effort once it’s made. All you do is throw it in a bowl and toss on some dressing.
Now for this salad bowl I mixed it up a bit. Instead of using a dressing I opted to go with hummus. Why? Because hummus is delicious. And because hummus is healthy and filling, it is filled with good fats and is a full source of protein. I made my own hummus for this salad bowl. If you have time I strongly recommend making your own hummus.
For now, just enjoy this delicious bowl of healthy goodness to get you through your day.
For more salad recipes make sure to follow my Pinterest salad board.
- 1 head of lettuce, washed and shredded
- 1 400g/14oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds and membrane removed and cut into small pieces
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut in quarters and finely sliced
- 3 celery stalks, cut into small pieces
- 4 tbsp hummus
- 1 cup parsley
- In a large bowl place the lettuce.
- Top the lettuce with the chickpeas, red bell pepper, carrot, celery and parsley.
- Top the vegetables with the hummus and serve immediately.