A reinvented classic. This cauliflower pasta is a modern take on an aglio e olio pasta. With added vegetables this pasta becomes a main dish that is perfect for dinner.
This cauliflower pasta is exactly what it sounds like. A pasta filled to the brim with cauliflower. For good measure I also tossed in some roasted tomatoes. Simply because they are delicious.
I think everyone who has looked up vegan recipes has seen the popular cauliflower Alfredo sauce pasta. Now this pasta is delicious, however I prefer my cauliflower whole and roasted. So I did exactly that. For this pasta I cooked the pasta like a traditional garlic and oil pasta but I afterwards I changed things up a bit. I decided to combine it with roasted cauliflower and roasted cherry tomatoes.
I added the cauliflower to give something extra but healthy to the meal. However it was a bit dry unless you used a ridiculous amount of oil or butter. So I opted to add some roasted cherry tomatoes instead. They are sweet and go perfect with this dish. When you serve this dinner I recommend to top the pasta with the cherry tomatoes. Then using a spoon push all the juice out of the tomato so it combines with the pasta. That way you have a delicious filling and healthy meal for dinner.
For this recipe I cooked it twice, once with small pasta and once with spaghetti. I would recommend cooking this pasta with a short pasta as it combines better in that case. Otherwise you will end up with spaghetti topped with cauliflower.
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250g/8oz pasta
- Preheat oven to 190C/375F. Place the cut cauliflower and cherry tomatoes in a large baking dish. Toss with 1 tbsp olive oil, salt and cayenne pepper. Place in the oven and roast for 20 minutes turning once halfway through.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions making sure it finishes around the same time as the cauliflower.
- In a large frying pan or sauté pan heat the remaining olive oil and garlic, once hot toss the pasta in the oil and garlic. Then combine the pasta with the cauliflower and cherry tomatoes.
- Divide over individual bowls and serve immediately.