Tangy, sweet and crunchy are the perfect description of this delicious chickpea salad. This salad takes 15 minutes to throw together and is perfect for those days you are short on time.
Crunchy, tangy and delicious are the three words I would use to describe this salad. This salad is filled to the bring with vegetables, there is no green leaf in sight.
At work I don’t have access to a microwave so I am forced to eat either a lot salad. Or one of the three vegan options around work. I can assure you, burrito’s get old quite quickly. Regardless of how amazing guacamole is.
Because of this I will eat a salad for lunch 4 days a week. Event though I try to mix it up when it comes to my salads in the end it is all just leafy greens with some vegetables. I have always loved eating vegetables even when I was a child. However, I need a lot of dressing to make a leafy green taste nice and appealing.
So I have decided that for the next month I will be making salads which don’t have a single leafy green in them. This chickpea salad is the first one of those salads. Instead of greens you will find vegetables, vegetables and more vegetables in this salad. Oh, and some chickpeas, just because.
For more salad recipes make sure to check out my salad recipe board on Pinterest.
- 1 cucumber, cut in quarters
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds and membrane removed and cut into small pieces
- 1 yellow pepper, seeds and membrane removed and cut into small pieces
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1bunch parsley, finely chopped
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives, cut in half
- 1 400g/14oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 ½ tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- In a small bowl whisk the lime juice, olive oil and maple syrup until combined.
- In a large bowl combine the cucumber, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, red onion, parsley, kalamata olives and chickpeas. Pour the lime dressing over the vegetables.
- Divide the salad over individual bowls and serve immediately.