A quick and healthy veggie stir fry. The perfect meal for the tail end of the week to use up all your left over vegetables. Combine this stir fry with some couscous or rice to create a full meal.
This veggie stir fry is the perfect meal for the end of the week. Using left over vegetables is the very best part of a stir fry. Have some left over veggies on a Friday that aren’t looking the greatest anymore? Just toss them all in a pan together.
I have always found that the trick to stir frying is the sauce. If you have a good sauce to use you can really just throw in everything and the kitchen sink. And as long as you stick to vegetables there is no real way of making this unhealthy.
With sauces I firmly believe in making your own sauce. Every sauce you can buy in a supermarket is loaded with salt and sugar and is far from healthy. At first it does seem daunting to make your own sauce but is easy as can be.
With this recipe I have included a sauce I use a lot myself. However there are many other sauces you can find online with a bit of work on google. When it comes to stir fries, the sky is the limit.
For more dinner recipes make sure to follow my dinner recipe board in Pinterest.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 brown onion, cut in half and finely sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seed and membrane removed and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seed and membrane removed and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 zucchini, cut in half and finely sliced
- ½ cup peas
- 200g/8oz vegan egg style noodles (or similar)
- 3 tsbp vegan oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- Heat oil in a large frying pan or wok. Sauté onion and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers and cook for 3 minutes, add the zucchini and peas and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the noodles (make sure to prepare them in advance and if they are not wok ready noodles. Heat while stirring until heated throughout approx. 2 minutes.
- Add the vegan oyster sauce, soy sauce and cayenne pepper and stir to coat well.
- Divide over individual bowls and server immediately.