A delicious roasted tomato salad with a delicious mix of seasoned mixed roasted tomatoes. This salad is a perfect salty and sweet side salad.
This salad is a winner. While I was preparing this salad and the tomatoes were roasting away in the oven, I couldn’t contain myself to eat some of the delicious tomatoes.
The smell of the roasted tomatoes was so delicious, sweet and powerful you won’t be able to resist stealing a few tomatoes yourself.
This side salad is perfect with any meal. Since I had some roma tomatoes at home, I choose to make a mixed roasted tomato salad. Best decision this year! I know there is another 6 ish months to go, but I don’t think I will top this decision.
Since roma tomatoes contain a lot more flesh than your average tomato somehow when you roast them you get more roasted tomato goodness. Less liquid, more salty roasted tomato goodness. What more could you want? Roasted cherry tomatoes? Yep, those are in this salad as well. This salad will blow your socks of with its delicious mix of roasted tomatoes.
Make sure with this salad to season it properly and evenly and everyone will love you.
For more salad recipes make sure to check my salad recipe board on Pinterest.
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 3 roma tomatoes, cut in quarters and cut in half
- 3 tomatoes, cut in quarters and cut in half
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- 100g/3oz spinach
- 1 cup basil, cut into strips
- 2-4 tbsp baby capers
- Preheat oven to 190C/375F.
- In a large baking dish place all the tomatoes, toss with half the olive oil and salt. Roast for 20 minutes turning once halfway through baking.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together the remaining olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Once done baking, in a large mixing bowl add the spinach, basil and tomatoes. Add capers as desired. Since capers are salty, add them to personal taste.
- Add the balsamic dressing and toss to coat.
- Divide the salad over individual bowls and serve immediately.