This delicious roasted vegetable sandwich is a real treat. This sandwich is filled with healthy vegetables to make sure you are full all day. If you prepare the vegetables in advance you can put this sandwich together in two minutes.
I have never been a morning person. When I was a child my dad used to wake me up, if I didn’t get up by the second call he would come and take my doona so I would get up because I was cold. However, I did the one thing an 8-year-old would do. I would walk over to my parent bedroom and just climb in their bed as my mum used to get up a bit later. I think he took her doona once and that never happened again.
Even now I will still try and do anything I can to avoid getting up in the morning. Thankfully I have grown up a bit and will get p for the things I have to be awake for. I love my dog but he ruined my sleep ins. There is one thing that can get me out of bed in the morning though. Bread! I have always loved bread and there is a few bakeries and café’s around my house that sell fresh bread daily. So if I get up early enough and head over just after they open I can get fresh bread that is still warm from the oven.
Which is exactly what I did today. One of the easiest quickest breakfasts is this roasted vegetable sandwich. It sounds and seems like it would be a lot of effort, and it is a bit of effort. But you can prepare all the components in advance and then just quickly assemble it in the morning or for lunch.
This roasted vegetable sandwich is a perfect combination of balsamic roasted vegetables with a healthy hummus to create a filling and delicious breakfast and today I even got to enjoy it with warm bread fresh from the oven.
For more breakfast recipes make sure to follow my breakfast recipe Pinterest board.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1.4 tsp salt
- 1 eggplant, cut into small cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds and membrane removed and cut into small pieces
- 1 zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and finely sliced
- 2 tbsp hummus
- 1 turkish bread or focaccia bread
- Preheat oven to 200C/390F. Place all the vegetables in a large baking dish, sprinkle with the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt and toss to coat.
- Roast the vegetables for 25 minutes turning once after 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile spread the hummus on your bread and put aside until the vegetables are done.
- When the vegetables are done let them cool down a bit and put them on the bread.
- Serve immediately. If you want to store the sandwich for later simply place the vegetables in a bowl and keep them in the fridge for up to 4 days.