A delicious and simple Sicilian pasta salad. This salad has it all. It is salty, fresh and sweet at the same time. A beautiful salad that works for dinner and lunch and will satisfy any craving you can have.
So I could barely contain my excitement at finding this amazing heavenly jar. Ok, I know it’s not that good but just go with it.
I was so excited as I have been having cravings for things I used to eat. I do miss ice cream and the ability to buy delicious sweets everywhere. Especially since my local café at work sells salted caramel donuts. Seriously. Salted caramel donuts. And to make matters worse, in summer they serve them with salted caramel soft serve. I have had to stop myself from jumping over the counter and just eating it straight from the soft serve machine.
Anyway, I digressed. Today is all about sun dried tomato pasta and this delicious Sicilian pasta salad. Sine I found a sun dried tomato pesto which doesn’t require time to make, naturally I had to make a pasta salad. This Sicilian pasta salad is packed full of flavour. It is salty, fresh and sweet. All at the same time. Really, there is absolutely nothing missing from this salad. This Sicilian pasta salad you can eat any day, straight from the oven when it’s still hot. Or the next day when it has cooled down and is a refreshing lunch salad.
So if there is one thing you do this week. Make this salad. You will not regret it.
For more salad recipes make sure to check out my salad recipe board on Pinterest.
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into small cubes
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 250g/9oz short pasta, cooked according to instructions
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomato pesto
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 cup basil, cut into narrow strips
- Preheat oven to 190C/375F. In a large baking dish place the eggplant and cherry tomatoes. Coat with the olive oil and spices. Roast for 20 minutes turning halfway through.
- Once the vegetables are roasted, place them aside to cool down for 20 minutes.
- Once the vegetables have cooled down a bit, place them in a large mixing bowl. Combine the vegetables with the pasta, pesto and capers.
- Divide the pasta salad over individual bowls and serve immediately topped with fresh basil.
- If you want to store the pasta salad for later, place it in an airtight container in the fridge. and store the basil separately.