This is the perfect comfort food for winter, this sweet potato bowl is paired with a delicious garlic tahini sauce for a delicious meal for winter.
If this sweet potato bowl is not enough evidence of how much I love sweet potato, have a look at this sweet potato salad, sweet potato curry, sweet potato soup or this other soup with sweet potato. There is 15 recipes on this blog which have sweet potato as a main ingredient. That is total of 10% of all my recipes.
Another food I have come to love over time is tahini. I never knew tahini existed until the first time I had hummus about four years ago. I was living with two friends while studying in Sydney and one of them was making hummus and he added this odd grey white is paste which did not look even remotely appealing.
After seeing tahini come out of a jar I wasn’t able to eat it for quite a while until I started making my own hummus and it didn’t turn out to be as bad as I made it. A while later I made my first dish with a tahini sauce. After that I was a convert on tahini. I told my friend and she said it was only a matter of time before I would change my mind.
So now before me I have a sweet potato bowl with a garlic tahini sauce, for me that is called growth.
For more dinner recipes make sure to check my dinner recipe board on Pinterest.
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into small cubes
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 400g/14oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp tahini
- ¼ cup water
- Preheat oven to 190C/375F. Place the sweet potato in a large baking dish and toss with the olive oil and salt. Roast the sweet potatoes for 30 minutes turning once halfway though.
- In a food processor or blender, add the garlic, tahini, black pepper and water. Process until a sauce has formed. If the sauce is still too thick to pour slowly add more water.
- In a bowl add the sweet potato, chickpeas and cherry tomatoes. Drizzle with the garlic tahini sauce and serve immediately.