Whenever I make a dinner that is low on vegetables or greens I will default to Tabouli, I always end up going with Tabouli as a side salad to add some extra greens to a dish.
Whenever I make a wrap I will also use it to fill up my wrap with something healthy and delicious.
I tend to lean towards Tabouli as a healthy addition because it is so quick and easy to make. All you need to do is chops some vegetables and herbs and whisk a salad dressing and you’re ready to go. Besides how quick and easy it is, it is also extremely flexible and normally you will have most ingredients at home anyway. You can make Tabouli with bulgar wheat as listed in the recipe below, however you can also use couscous, hemp seeds or any other grain.
- ½ cup bulgar wheat
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped finely
- 6 spring onions, chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- Cook the bulgar wheat according to the instructions.
- Chop all vegetables and herbs and put in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the bulgar wheat to the vegetables and herb mixture.
- Whisk the lemon juice, olive oil and spices in a seperate bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the bulgar wheat, parsley and tomato mixture and mix well.