A whole roasted cauliflower in a delicious tangy and spicy mustard rub. This is a perfect side dish that looks great on a plate.
I am not entirely sure how to classify this dish. I wouldn’t call it a main meal. Even though I could eat this roasted cauliflower in one sitting for dinner. I can’t call it a lunch, even though I could eat the whole cauliflower for lunch. Or I can eat it as a snack.
This roasted cauliflower is AMAZING. My partner made a roasted cauliflower with a oil and spice rub for Christmas last year, I absolutely love it. But naturally I was thinking of how I could take it up a notch.
Since then we have had a whole roasted cauliflower quite a few times. Every time a slightly different coating on the cauliflower. By now I have my favourite way of making this roasted cauliflower figured out though.
This roasted cauliflower is coated in a tangy and spicy mustard sauce that creates a delicious flavour when roasted in the oven. And it is just as delicious straight from the bowl, just not the healthiest thing to eat in the world.
Now I use this cauliflower either on its own as a snack or mostly we eat it for dinner in a wrap with some hummus, onion and other fillings. At some point over the next few weeks I will share a recipe for a delicious roasted cauliflower wrap with you. Until then, enjoy this whole roasted cauliflower on its own.
For more dinner recipes make sure to check out my dinner recipe board on Pinterest.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp seeded mustard
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 160C/320F.
- Remove the leaves and cut the base flat so the cauliflower can sit upright.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the olive oil, Dijon mustard, seeded mustard, salt and pepper. Once combined pour the mustard mixture over the cauliflower and spread it all over the cauliflower.
- If you have a Dutch oven, place the cauliflower in the Dutch oven with the lid on. If you don’t have a Dutch oven, simply place it in a baking dish and cover with aluminium foil.
- Roast the cauliflower for 50 minutes, remove the lid or foil and roast another 20-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool down for 5 minutes before serving.